Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Holiday Mini Swap

I'm back with the post that I was promising.  Here is the card that I mentioned in the last post, that I did for a swap last month.  When I first saw this stamp set "Jolly Old Saint Nick" (which you can buy it online in clear mount or wood) it reminded me of my childhood in some way.  Not sure exactly what it was about it, but I couldn't resist buying it.  To stick with the image from my childhood, I decided to do a vintage card.  It usually isn't my thing, but I really like how these turned out.
I used the Deck the Halls DSP and soon fell in love with Cherry Cobbler, which is also the base color for the card.  It is such a great red and the perfect shade to go with my vintage look.  I then stamped the snow flakes in Crumb Cake ink, on Crumb Cake paper.  The Santa image is stamped on Very Vanilla.
To add a little extra to the card, I mixed Dazzling Diamonds Glitter with Crystal Effects and filled in Santa's hat.  I added the new Waffle Paper (I wasn't so sure of it when I saw it in the catty, but soon fell in love with it once I got my hands on it) added down the side of the stamped image for some extra texture.  And used the Distressing Essentials kit to sponge all of the edges. 

I will be back soon with some more posts (I promise it will be soon, I am going to schedule some posts) of the cards I received in the swap. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment